The Nrelate content plugin features a stylish display at either the top or bottom of your post. A beautiful and easy way to suggest to your reader about other articles that are related to the topic of the feature article. The best part is that the plugin works seamlessly with other plugins. The suggested articles are placed below the post and above my shareaholic social tabs.
A quick note before you start the video: There is a quick bullet point overview after the video, alone with a few extra pieces of information that was not covered.
The Features of the Nrelate plugin along with a step by step tutorial is as follows:
Note: You need to own your own domain and have WordPress installed for you to be able to install this plugin.
- To get this plugin, go to the Plugin – Add New and type in “nrelate”
- Select one of three options, basic Content, Flyout (Horizontal display), or Popular (Displays the more popular related posts)
- Install the plugin and you will always be prompted about if “your sure”!
- Once installed go to the plugin page again and select the “settings” in nrelate.
- In the setting, you can chose text or thumbnail. Thumbnail has picture display.
- My recommendation is to get your own picture related to you our your theme and store it on the server of your blog for those thumbnails that do not have a picture, this picture will fill that related display.
- Write in your Related Post signature. I use “Related Posts – “
- Select the number of related posts you wish to display between 0 ~ 10 (beats me why you you would pick 0)
- Select if you want to have a word description under each post and you can increase or decrease the word length count.
- You can chose to advertise with these with an ID in the Dashboard along with a signup to partners.nrelate.com
- The other Dashboard item I forgot to mention is you can have categories omitted from the Nrelate selection.
- Note: All this is done on the nrelate server and displayed without delaying load times. Nice feature!
- Lastly, you can change the style of your layout with the Thumbnail Gallery on the 3rd tab of settings.
Try the plugin yourself and let me know it helped you?
If you like this post, let me ask you to take a few minutes and learn why we do stuff on Blogs. We do it to get your attention and share something new with you and people you know. So, if your enjoyed our post this is what you really should do next:
- Press the “Like” button and write a Facebook comment on this article — Help your friends and shows them you care!
- Press the “google +” symbol and write a comment, and/or
- Share this on your favorite Social Media site by copying and pasting the domain address.
- Write a blog comment below this post(Share your thoughts)and enter your site address — Get a healthy backlink from us!! :)
- Tweet it! — Show everyone how helpful you are to them! This attracts more followers for you on twitter!